- J Bend:
- The trap section, with a 180-degree bend, or a multi-piece P-trap. Also called a return bend.
- J Hook:
- A pipe hanger in the shape of a J.
- Usually refers to the heating/cooling jacket surrounding the stuffing box on some pumps; the outer casing of a water heater.
- Jackson Turbidity Unit (JTU):
- A quantitative unit of turbidity originally based on the comparison of a liquid with a suspension of a specific type of silica, using the turbidity measure in a
Jackson candle turbidimeter.
- An orifice or other feature of a toilet that is designed to direct water into the trapway quickly to start the siphon action.
- Hydrojet dip tube, which creates turbulence in the tank.
- Closet bolts, used to mount toilet bowls to the closet flange.
- One length of pipe.
- Joint Runner:
- Collar like device that keeps molten lead in place while sealing a joint in cast iron pipe.
- Junction Box:
- Utility area where incoming current is connected in an electrical appliance.